Music Box


Sunday, April 15, 2007

Kite Flying

I am exhausted from sleep deprivation. I could not for the life of me get back to sleep after waking up at 2a, so I indulged in a ‘Gilmore girls’ marathon (Disc 2, season 1). I don’t think I actually dozed back to sleep until about 6:30a. This is a first for me. I’m usually an early riser as is Rhys, so you could imagine how I wanted to bang my head against the bed rails when my little one began doing everything he could to get me to wake up early this morning!

I was finally awake and ready for another round of screen gazing at about 9:30a when Kenny came in with a copy of the Illusionist with Ed Norton. It was brilliant! We were just about to start listening to the commentary on the movie, but were interrupted. I did find out that it was based on a short story. Now I want to read it.

Afterwards we got dressed and drove down to OC to pick Henry up. The plan was to go swimming, but it was cloudy and a bit windy with a nip in the air. So instead we headed for a park a few blocks from Hilary and John’s. We spent an enjoyable afternoon picnicking, flying kites, and batting balls.

I’m feeling quiet pleased with myself. Despite being dead tired I completed a perfect mom routine tonight. They were bathed, fed, teeth brushed and read to, I even got them to go to sleep in their own beds! This is a direct result of co-sleeping.

Posted by Picasa

Google