Music Box


Friday, June 01, 2007

Career Day @ Jamie's


Yesterday we had, or rather Kenny had (Rhys and I just tagged along) the privilege to participate in Career Day at Jamie's school. We dropped Henry off a little early, and then headed straight to the school. The plan was to get there by 9a. We were stuck on La Cienega at 8:15a, we then thought we would make better progress by taking La Brea to the 10E. As soon as we passed Downtown the coast was clear and we arrived with a few minutes to spare!

After visiting a handful of campuses I was very impressed by the condition of Jamie's school. She tells me that since theirs was a fairly small district the money allocations are pretty generous, and the faculty has made it a goal for the campus to be the most up to date technologically.

Kenny visited with three classrooms, the last of which was Jamie's. I decided it would be best if I kept Rhys occupied outside until Kenny was ready to go into Jamie's classroom. Luckily the time passed in a not so bad manner, there was a jungle gym and when he got bored I pulled out my video ipod. Thank God for the ipod!


While we were waiting outside a number of boys and girls came in and out of the classrooms and one little girl was especially cute. She came up to us and asked what we were doing? I replied that we were waiting for his Daddy. Rhys tells her hi and tries to show her what we are watching on the ipod and then starts racing around the table. She responds by going up to him and picking him up. I'm amazed at how strong she is and ask her where she's going? She says "I'm taking him home!" I laugh and she puts him down and chastizes him, telling him to 'stay with your mommy and never ever run away from her'. From your mouth to God's ear.


We finally get to Jamie's classroom and we settle down at a side table with a big box of legos to play with. Rhys is nicely occupied but cannot resist the chance to run up to the front of the room during Kenny's presentation. Not once, not twice but three times. Despite this it didn't prove to be too much of a distraction. All in all it was a fun and positive experience.

Google