Music Box


Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Neighbor Dave

I had a dream last night and it went like this: we were living in a house very much like the one we really live in only it's higher up. In fact the whole neighborhood is as if it were on stilts, like townhouses or brownstones.

I notice that a house across the street has been sold and soon the new owners begin renovations on the property. Everyday for days on end all this construction is happening and one day just as I'm going about my business I notice the owner visiting to check on the progress; and he looks exactly like none other than Dave Matthews! My heart skips a beat, but I immediately doubt myself. 'No it's just someone that looks like him' I tell myself.

Days go by and I get more curious and start chatting with the crew and they confirm that it really is Dave Matthews! Of course by this time I'm giddy as heck and beside myself. After some time the house renovations are finished and not much happens, but slowly the new occupants move in. Then suddenly one night there's this limo sitting out in front of the house.

This is the weird part in my dream, because I hold him in such high regard and knowing how eco green Dave Matthews is, I couldn't fathom him riding in a stretch limo, so my brain did this crazy HALT and scrambled to figure out what he would be driven in if not a limo. And my brain couldn't come up with an alternate car so explained the limo by blaming it on the PR department. Yeah, the PR department made reservations for the limo because in fact what was happening was they had planned an impromptu concert for a little known band they had just signed to Dave Matthews' label ATO (According to Our) Records. This little known band was getting ready to perform on top of the roof of the new house for a publicity stunt/ video very similar to what U2 did in the 80's when they performed atop an industrial building in Downtown LA for one of their videos.

And that's when I woke up! What could it mean? I know it's not a too interesting dream, but I don't usually have dreams much these days so when I have one, and am able to remember what it was about, it's a pretty momentous occasion for me. Weird, huh?

Google