Music Box


Thursday, October 25, 2007

Dance Card FULL!

It's been four days since the reunion and I'm getting such a kick receiving all kinds of emails and links from my old schoolmates! I so heart the internet. Thank You AL GORE! and Congrats on your Nobel Peace Prize!


I've checked out Heather's photos from the reunion as well as her latest blog entry about a red Le Crueset that survived Katrina. I absolutely loved the entry. I have my own Le Crueset story. I've always admired this line of cooking pots and have always wanted a set. Unfortunately my interest in cooking and my lust for a set did not manifest until well after I got married. And so unlike Heather who had the foresight and good fortune to receive hers when she got married, it did not occur to me to place it on my wedding registry and so I was stuck with what we DID choose.

It was not until the year 'Down with Love' starring Ewan McGregor and Renee Zellweger came out that I realized I that it was absolutely imperative that I have a set of my own! There was a scene in the movie where a character is making dinner with a whole set of them. I don't remember what color they used in the movie, but I knew I wanted mine to be yellow. Dijon Yellow. A bright sunny color sure to inspire the Julia in me. Shortly after this revelation my mom took it upon herself to gift me with a key pot for my birthday and Christmas for several years. I can now proudly say that I have a fairly impressive collection that I use every night, or rather every night I actually cook.

Google