Music Box


Friday, November 30, 2007

What's Cooking?


I've finally made a recipe from Heather's site! I've been dying to try the meatloaf dish she wrote about a couple of weeks ago. My interest in this dish stems from the fact I've never made it before, but more importantly I've always been fascinated with meatloaf, for me it's has always been one of those exotic dishes of American nostalgia synonomous with picnics and apple pie.


Heather's recipe was surprisingly easy and very quick to make. My only regret was not taking her advice of taking the meat out a half an hour prior to preparation. I did not make potatoes with the meal as I did not have any in the house, so opted for rice and a side of vegetables. The kids loved it! Well, let me clarify that Henry loved it while picking out the onions and asking what the green things were (parsley), Rhys loved it while asking for more ketchup on his rice (which it turns out he ate exclusively), and Kenny was already dreaming up of a meatloaf sandwich for tomorrow. It is definitely a dish I will make again.


On another note with the holidays just around the corner, I am calling out to anyone looking for those really cute 'Cars' cars. My brother Ben has gotten his hands on sets and sets of these amazing miniature die cast cars and is willing to part with some of them.


Check the rest of them out at his site chynnamann.blogspot.com

Google