Music Box


Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Merriest of Christmases

Holiday Card by Maryrose Cobarrubias Mendoza .

I am so relieved to have finally finished with my Christmas cards orders. It literally feels like the weight of the world has lifted from my shoulders. This year I am amazed to admit that I've competed 4 different sets of Christmas cards and 5 sets of mailing labels for various people including myself (I will post ours in the next day or so) . I was in such a panic trying to get these cards out that I thought I was going to pass out with every Christmas card we received. Among the stash we've received so far, this has become one of my all time favorite cards ever! The card pictured above is by Maryrose an artist/teacher Kenny and I met while taking a class she taught at Otis, and whom we are lucky enough to still be in contact. I'm not deliberately encouraging competition, or am I? (Say this in a corny Dr. Evil way) It's early days yet, but this card is simply sublime and I plan on framing it as soon as I can. And on this note, I will be entering Christmas Hell for the next week.

PS

Last Friday the whole family headed over to Kenny's office for an art show for charity and an impromptu Holiday Party. It was a great if bittersweet party, much different from the previous year because of the writers strike, but it was made all the more fun with the inclusion of Henry, Rhys and Tallulah who ran all over the studio amists shrieks of laughter. I had a really great time catching up with Maendi, Tallulah's mom, a professional photographer with a website! She has some really amazing images, so if you have some time, or are in need of a photographer, go check her site out at amandabrooksphoto.com

Google