Music Box


Monday, January 07, 2008

Back to the Grind


Today was the first day back to school after the holiday break. I was a bit apprehensive about getting back into the swing of things especially since we've all indulged in the luxury of sleeping in! The night before we tried our best to tuck the boys in by 9p, but they would have none of it. We heard them giggling up in Henry's bunk well past the allotted time, luckily half an hour later all was quiet.

I woke up at 6a to the calming sound of waves crashing on the shore (thank you Ben & Jamie for our present last year of a fantastic clock that made beautiful nature sounds). Okay so I didn't get out of bed right away... I let myself think about it for about 10 minutes before I went to get the boys. Henry proved a little easier to get up and about. Rhys would not budge, he continued to sleep in until 7a. Amazingly we just fell back into our routine, I got both to school on time!


Many of you may have heard that we in So. Ca. spent a soggy weekend dealing with three storms. In Monday's aftermath we were blessed with this beautiful vista. Happy Monday!


PS You might have seen these posters all over town. I think they are hilarious and I can't wait until Friday, or most probably Saturday since I'll have to catch it online.

Google