Music Box


Friday, February 01, 2008

the last three days

The last three days have been rather strange and a little eerie for me. Tuesday evening, unbeknownst to me I was experiencing the beginnings of my first UTI. Up until now I have never had one, and to top it off it was pretty severe, and to put it in the mildest and most polite terms I can think of, I was excreting blood by Wednesday evening. It was excruciatingly painful and I was completely freaked and panicked.

Kenny despite the lateness in time, and ever the trooper suggested going to the store for provisions. He came back with cranberry juice and some medication. In the morning I felt tons better, but now could not tell if I was still bleeding because the medication was also very colorful.

On the suggestion of Angele and Caroline I called the doctor first thing. I can tell you going to the doctor for myself is no easy feat due to the fact that my doctors are in Santa Monica and Rhys' school schedule is so short it makes me very paranoid that I won't be able to pick him up on time. And due to the school's structure it's impossible to have someone stay with him for an extra few minutes until I can get there. So Kenny had to assure me that it would be okay for him to go in a little late to pick Rhys up so I can go to the doctor. Luckily my case did not sound too extreme even for the blood part so now I'm on antibiotics and as of this Friday morning am feeling a little bit more like my old self again.

The thing is honestly I am not shocked that something like this has happened. I have been a little stressed due to the writers strike and how this may affect our little household. I have been running around the house working on different project some that pay, and most that don't. And for fun I like to take many breaks to make coffee and black tea drinks to the exclusion of little else. Hilary pointed out that I must have overtaxed my liver with all the caffeine! Guess who will be cutting back on caffeine and drinking tons of water?

Google