Music Box


Tuesday, March 18, 2008

parties


We've been harrowingly busy lately. Rhys had a great time when Gabriel came over on Thursday for a playdate.


I threw together a simple lunch which included the boys and Heather as well as Nellie. I made chicken and tomato sandwiches on french baguettes accompanied by a cucumber and tomato salad with a side of mac and cheese in case the boys weren't thrilled with the other options. It was fun to get together with some old friends during the week.

Over the weekend Kenny and I dropped by to see Jen at Salon Amba for haircuts. It was pretty tense, especially for me since I really view trips to the salon as special private down time for me. We both got our haircut styled by Stephanie who was pretty sensational. He got his cut in between my session and while it was my turn he ran the kids around the nearby park. I didn't score so well when it came my turn, mainly on account of the fact that I had the smock and apron on with my hair up and saturated with color wash. Luckily it didn't take too long and in the end we both felt so fresh and renewed.


Later that night we met Muni, Angele, Hilary and John along with Uncle Andy and Aunt Margie for dinner in honor of Muni's birthday. Rhys feel asleep again on the way over to dinner so we let him sleep for a little in the car before Kenny carried him in and set him down on the couch in the bar area as we waited for our room. Once we got situated though, Rhys came back to life!

Afterwards we decided to take a stroll down the Thirds Street Promenade. We hadn't been there for ages and it was a bit strange noting all the new stores and slight changes on the existing stores and structures.

Sunday turned out to be a pretty full day an actual Birthday Bonanza. We first attended Gabriel's bday party getting there around half past noon. It was a fun party. Ariane and John were there along with Owen and Lindsay. Henry and Sofia hung out with the gaggle of kids present. We were treated to a bit of live music courtesy of Hugo and his friend, even Sofia surprised us by singing us a song!


We were able to stay a couple of hours before heading over to Ben's BBQ bday party.

Google