Music Box


Tuesday, April 08, 2008

bridal showers bring lilac flowers


I'm fresh back from the Napa Valley, and the shower was a fantastic success! It was a joy collaborating with two of my favorite ladies. Katey was absolutely adorable, which you can see for yourself here. This was a fun working holiday.


Lilacs. What can I say? I am in love with lilacs. There is a lilac tree in front of the house and it's the first time I've seen it in bloom. In fact this is the first time I've ever beheld lilac and it was a mind altering experience. This amazing tree produces a brilliant violet flower much more intense than the variety we've noticed at stores. And the fragrance is sublime. I wonder if they grow well in So. Ca?


We were thrilled to bump into Ben working hard at his new job.


And finally got to meet Amy's three legged dog Bettie.

We arrived back home Sunday afternoon. The ride was not too shabby, as we cruised up and down California in Angele's beautiful new and spacious car. After dropping Angele off and picking Hilary's car up, Hilary drove me home. When reached the house we couldn't believe that the boys were actually home. They're usually gallivanting about town. Rhys peeked through the window by the front door and had the cutest expression on his face when he saw us! He then looked through the mail opening before unlocking the door.


Henry held up well in my absence, but apparently the same couldn't be said about Rhys. Kenny showed me some pictures he took, explaining to me that in the evenings he missed me so much he grabbed and held onto a framed photo of me.


And here's my little Picasso at work. Awww.

Besides missing all my boys (...well most of the time) I missed the internet and catching up with some of my favorite blogs (see Essential Viewing Sites). If you haven't I urge you to check out Sheye Rosemeyer's site. Her most recent posting entitled 'Tea at Kate's' includes a stunning collection of photographs of Kate Austin, a fellow photographer with a business and a blog of her own. I L-O-V-E the colors! Sigh.

Google