Music Box


Tuesday, April 15, 2008

roses from the garden


These pink roses were picked from our front garden Sunday afternoon.


Here they are again today with all the petals open. They're pretty awesome.

Earlier tonight I decided to experiment with ice cream. I had bought some frozen fruit in preparation for tons of smoothies in light of this mini heat wave. This morning I thought, why not see if I could combine vanilla ice cream with some fruit as an easy way to add flavor? I don't have a food processor, but decided to give it a try in my mini prep. Okay, bad idea. Obviously not the same thing despite the fact that it's also made by Cuisinart. For my first try I have Double Rainbow's vanilla ice cream and a bag of frozen mangoes. Half way through the little guy was struggling, giving off a slight burnt motor odor. So I gave up, leaving moderate chunks of mango in the mix, and tasted the concoction. Not bad. Next time I will definitely use the super crazy blender machine my parents got us last Christmas. But best of all it brought back faded memories of eating mango ice cream in Hong Kong as a child.

Google