Music Box


Friday, May 23, 2008

The Wonder of Facebook


Yours truly at age 2 scampering after my dad on the streets of Hong Kong.

Wednesday I went to Nellie's office to drop off the stash of custom baby shower invitations she ordered from me for an upcoming party she's hosting. It was just afterschool and I had both boys with me as I had just picked Henry up. We were there in no time as we had no problem finding the building from Nellie's directions.

Once there we were greeted by Nellie and her brother Derek, who I haven't seen in ages! He has sure grown up! The boys explored a bit before settling in front of a dry erase board and markers. As I pulled the invitations out we discovered a typo on the zip code! My only excuse is that I've been so tired and spaced out recently.

Nellie stopped by yesterday to pick up the corrected portion of the invites. We started chatting about this and that, and before leaving she urged me to open up a Facebook account. Taking her up on that offer I had one by the end of the afternoon. Lo and behold by the end of the evening I had 11 friends and reconnected with an old classmate I hadn't heard from in ages. Gloria! And discovered that Joy has a blog dougjoynhayden.blogspot.com which I will add to my ever expanding Essential Viewing Sites. I'm still trying to get the hang of it but already I'm liking the layout better than myspace!

Google