Music Box


Sunday, September 14, 2008

Birthdays

Happy Birthday to Hilary the Best-est Girlfriend & S.I.L ever!
Hope you have a fantastic day.

Last night, September 13, was my mother in law's birthday. We celebrated by throwing a dinner party for her at Buca in Santa Monica. It was the perfect setting because it's a loud and kid friendly place. We were fortunate to have Alston, Nancy, Charlene, Michele, Fred, Lisa along with our usual Muni, Hilary, John, Kenny, Henry, Rhys and of course the birthday girl herself Angele. We happily stuffed ourselves silly and then topped it off with chocolate cake!



September 13 is of course, as all you Twilighters know, also Bella's birthday. It would be fun to hypothesize how the Cullens would have celebrated. I did hear that Forks, WA had declared it Stephenie Meyer Day. We had quite a few Twilight fans in attendance last night and I was so happy to catch up with them. Alston and Michele have already finished the series and agree with me on the addictive properties of the book. Charlene has been too busy at work but hopefully will find time before the film comes out to finish BD. Alston promised that we shall see the movie together and I can't wait!

Lastly I would like to point everyone to the obvious. Ta Da! You are listening to my new Music Box. Most of the songs on this list are songs I've been listening to lately while reading and re-reading the series. I lifted many selections off of Stephenie's official playlists. These selections have now become current favorites and I mixed them alongside other favorites both old and new. Strangely this mix has come together to make up a phenomenal list that evokes scenes from the books for me. I get a sick satisfaction from being able to have these songs on hand at will. I say this because there are a couple on the list that are not available for purchase at least not as an MP3 file. I am eyeing Muse's version of 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' which I could easily see Edward playing for Bella. Boo hoo.

Google