Music Box


Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday Catch Up

Fresh from my morning walk, I came back to messages from people wondering who Ganerda Grul is... well she's a publisher whom my other half (Ken) is helping. You can find out more about her at ganerda.com; the site is still under construction so check back often for updates. Remember: She's shy. She's lonely. She can be found on FB and myspace. She wants to be friends!

This weekend we got a chance to catch 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist'. I know I mentioned in a previous post that I didn't want to see anything until November 21, but Kenny wanted some popcorn on datenight so we agreed on this flick. When we went to pay for the tickets the cashier asked me if I had a Student ID! I could have kissed her!!

It was a very charming story. The leads were very cute; I love Michael Cera and Kat Dennings. It was refreshing to see Kat who is absolutely gorgeous and not your typical stick figure. I don't know if I'm getting more prudish with age, but I found the hinted at sexual behavior of some of the kids (granted they were supposed to be about 18) alarming. I had to remind myself that even in the tamer John Hughes films this was the norm. Ah well... it's memory vs. looking at the world through the eyes of a parent.

I have been neglecting my camera lately, but will be looking through my SD card for new photos to post this week. Until then Happy Monday.

PS I was very happy to see the official playlist for the Twilight soundtrack on Stephenie's site this morning. Included in the mix is both Muse's 'Supermassive Black Hole' and Collective Soul's 'Tremble for My Beloved'. I'm pretty anxious to check out the rest of the songs especially 'Bella's Lullaby' and the one song from Rob Pattinson that made the cut.

Google