Music Box


Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Happy Birthday! Love, Fu Manchu


Yesterday was spent at the doctor’s office in the morning getting my first annual in about 3 years! Yikes. The Dr. told me that our bodies go through an adjustment every 5 years or so as we age. So interesting. Saw Kenny off to work and then it was onto Rhys' art class. Dad came along and we had lunch at McDonalds in the food court afterwards.


This morning I spent tidying up loose ends at and around my desk. Woke up and it was one episode after another with the boys. Screaming, fighting and throwing things. It was over the TMNT toy Leonardo we got for Rhys yesterday, I should have just gotten Henry one too, but did not think he would really want one. Anyhow now we've promised to get the whole set for them.




Sunday we went to a birthday party for a girl in Henry’s class. It was held in the Marina. It was fun seeing all the kids, marveling over how much they have grown since September. It was also a nice opportunity to get further acquainted with the parents. I especially like Christine who has three very handsome boys, the middle Kieran is in Henry’s class. By cake time Rhys, although dead tired had his face painted like Fu Manchu, but looked like a mini me version of Jack Black, could be found in front of the cake next to the birthday girl’s entourage. After singing ‘Happy Birthday’ he blew out the candles! They had to relight them for the birthday girl.


Right now Rhys is watching Sesame Street. I was able to get him to say a few full sentences today. And yesterday when I opened up a drink he handed to me straight from the fridge, I asked him ‘is that tasty?’ he responded with ‘it tastes cold’. I was ecstatic! I asked him to repeat himself, but he got shy and self conscious and refused.


We had just finished a lunch of pizza made from whole wheat pita bread, tomato paste and parmesan cheese grated and toasted. Yum. He finished quiet a bit of these along with a carrot. Am very pleased. A big topic for today’s episode of Sesame Street is eating healthy foods.


The wind is howling outside and clouds are ominous. Did not think it was going to rain but it’s looking very ugly all of the sudden. The winds knocked out the antenna for a minute and the TV went to snow. Scared Rhys so much he ran straight out of the room.

Google