Music Box


Saturday, March 17, 2007

Regarding Flora

I’m reading Amy Stewart’s Flower Confidential: The Good, The Bad, and The Beautiful in the Business of Flowers. I wonder if the Confidential part of the title is a play on Anthony Bourdain’s book? Anyhow, this book has been highly educational. I really enjoy her writing although bits of it are really dry. I’m more than halfway through and it has been a real eye opener. I was never much of a flower buyer, partly because I don’t really like cut flowers because let’s face it they are dead, but mainly because I hate dealing with the carcass. Its encouraging that there’s a place online where you can buy organic arrangements, if only to send as gifts. Ms. Stewart did bring up a good point, as far as being able to use them afterwards for compost.

Google