Music Box


Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Shopping with a Three Year Old

Since we didn't have any appointments to go to today, Rhys and I spent some time shopping, or rather I shopped and Rhys kept going back to the elevators to push the buttons. We strolled the aisles and just took everything in. After a while Rhys got bored and insisted on running around. He got really excited and began zig zagging throughout the store screaming for the joy of it. Unfortunately it didn't sit well with two young women who looked to be in their twenties -and thus I automatically assume have little to no experience with kids; much less likely be mothers. One made some kind of comment and the other must have agreed and then both looked up at me and Rhys kind of rolling their eyes. I try to ignore them, but can't help feeling embarrased and a little steamed. I just hold Rhys a little closer and ask him to calm down before giving him a hug and a kiss. As I continuously tell Kenny what I really want to do is go up to these people and tell them 'If you know so much let's talk in another 5 or 10 years after you have kids'.

Google