Music Box


Wednesday, June 20, 2007

PlayDate


Henry is in heaven. He's got Zach and Ian over for a playdate. The three are playing video games as I'm writing. Rhys is contentedly watching and munching on his favorite chips and salsa.

Our Father's Day was spent at Uncle Willie and Aunt Alison's. It also marked Jacqueline and Andrew's graduating to High School and Middle School respectively.

Kenny came home late Monday night. Their flight was delayed leaving O'Hare due to scattered thunderstorms. When they finally came home Rhys was asleep, but Henry was awake to tell Angele and Hilary about the sad passing of his pet fish.

We discovered 'Fishy' dead earlier in the day. She didn't float to the top of the bowl which is why I wasn't suspicious until the water started to cloud; and then because of the heat that day began to smell. I didn't think Henry would take it as hard as he did, but he did. He burst into tears after seeing Fishy all bloated and bobbing aimlessly in the bowl. He said a brief prayer before I placed Fishy into the toilet bowl and Rhys did the honors by flushing. Henry's had Fishy for about a year. He got her on the last day of kindergarten from his reading buddy. I thought we did pretty well by Fishy considering her life was pretty boring.

Kenny had a really great time in Chicago and Port Washington. From what I've seen Tim and Ben look great! And everyone was really excited to see Tim graduate. Kenny took loads of pictures, but I have yet to really go through them. When I do I will do what I usually do and put them on flickr and add a link through the blog.


On Monday Henry, Rhys and I went back to UCLA for Rhys' hearing exam. That went ok. Not definitive. Well lets put it this way we know (and have always known) he is not deaf, but just how finely he does hear is in question. Afterwards we were supposed to meet Maggie, Vel and Nicolette at the park but those plans were nixed for various reasons. So instead I picked up MickeyDs and met up at Vel's. They were having a crazy crisis, the gas and electricity was all screwed up because the Gas people bumped the electrical box when they came to switch in a new device. So on her day off, Vel had to wait for various people to come in and fix it!
Nevertheless we had fun.


Tuesday I made arrangements with Mary to have Henry go over for a playdate while I took Rhys to Gymboree. When we dropped Henry off Rhys started to cry. He was inconsolable until I offered him a forbidden juice box. I was really proud of him at Gymboree. It was the best class yet. We were only in time out twice, and they were fairly short instances. We were able to participate in most of the activities and he seemed to really be enjoying himself. I am still convinced that it is an awkward time for him because his energy seems to peak right around the beginning of class and starts to crash during. But he needs to learn to adapt and adjust so this is good.

When we got to Mary's to pick Henry up the first thing Rhys did was run out to see the pool. He wanted to jump in right away. I had to keep telling him that we were not swimming today and that we will have to wait another time. Luckily no one had to go in after him. We stayed for a while chit chatting passing the time while the older girls had their swim lessons, and left when it was time for Jonah and Isabelle to go in.

Mary took this picture of me and the young one. I think the caption should be "I want to suck your blood!" Look at the expression on his face!

Google