Music Box


Friday, September 14, 2007

friday FRIDAY!



I want to wish Happy Birthdays all around to Angele and Hilary, the best mother-in-law and sister-in-law a girl can ask for!

We celebrated both their birthdays with a combo dinner. Among those in attendance were birthday girl Angele, Muni, Lisa, John, and Hilary (Happy Birthday Hilary!). We were very excited to present Angele with a piece I had been working on this past week. Kenny took the picture and the kids helped with placing the spiders. Ta da.


Here's a play by play of the cake cutting last night.





Although it wasn't my birthday, and it certainly was not Rhys'! Kenny surprised me with all available seasons of the Gilmore Girls! AND we were loaded with gifts from Hawaii courtesy of Muni and Angele who have just returned from that lovely place. We had a such a wild and crazy night we didn't get home until well after 9p!


This morning we kept slapping the snooze and did not wake until past 7a! Luckily Kenny volunteered to drive Henry, and when he returned he suggested that we enjoy a cup of coffee and some of that rum cake Muni brought back for us from Hawaii while doing a couple of crosswords together. The cake was delicious, and even Rhys enjoyed it (although he ejected the macdamians). Thanks Muni.

Afterwards we decided to check out clips of Britney's performance at the VMAs the other night as well as the clip of one fan's plea to "leave Britney ALONE". (Please note that there is language so moms please make sure kiddies are not in the room while viewing). Our response to the latter is WOW. Then I saw this one by Seth Green, which is unfortunately even more hilarious!


The following is a really cute email I got from Mary today entitled 'Why God made Moms'. Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:

Why did God make mothers?
1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

What ingredients are mothers made of ?
1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?
1. We're related.
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?
1. My Mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?
1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

What's the difference between moms & dads?
1. Moms work at work and work at home and dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?
1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.


This reminds me of something I read yesterday that Carrie Young wrote on her blog called I'm Invisible that had me in tears.

Google