Music Box


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Arrgh 'Talk Like A Pirate Day'...Matey!

Rhys doing his homework.

Did you know that today, September 19 is International 'Talk Like A Pirate Day'? I learned this fascinating fact on NPR while driving the kiddies to school this morning. Went online and looked up the following (click on wikipedia to get additional info):

International Talk Like a Pirate Day (ITLAPD) is a parodic holiday invented in 1995 by John Baur ("Ol' Chumbucket") and Mark Summers ("Cap'n Slappy"), of the United States, who proclaimed September 19 each year as the day when everyone in the world should talk like a pirate.[1] For example, an observer of this holiday would greet friends not with "Hello," but with "Ahoy, me hearty!"

I feel the season changing. Was so exhausted last night after supervising homework, bath and dinner. I think we all conked out about 9:30p, after a couple of crossword puzzles, which is mighty early for us (meaning Kenny and I, the kids usually are in bed by 9p). Today as I dropped Henry off at school he remembered that it was Show & Tell in his Spanish class. Oops!

After dropping Rhys off I did a few errands which included a stop off at Target. While in line I saw the biggest fly EVER! I was so excited I felt my jaw drop to the floor. I wanted to point the fly out to everyone in line, but the lady ahead of me was engrossed in conversation with the cashier and I didn't want to interrupt so I took a picture of it!

Google