Music Box


Sunday, January 13, 2008

Abigail has a Birthday Party


Sunday morning. Still in bed. I'm thinking of the day ahead and getting a little anxious. I need to squeeze in a couple of projects; one by Tues., and the other by the end of the week. I'm really excited because one of them is a save the date for Katey and Jeb. I'm really pleased with the way it's turning out and hope to post images of it once it's been mailed. Then it'll be onto the bridal shower invite and wedding invitation!


Yesterday, we spent much of the day at my cousin Abigail's birthday party. She turned 2. It was really fun to watch her, it's honestly the first time I've seen her so happy and animated. She was really excited and smiled so much! Andrew, Henry, Eva, Ethan, Rhys and Abigail had a joyous time jumping about the bouncer, so much so that they only left it to quickly stuff some food in their mouths and for cake and pinata.


Ben and Jamie arrived with Dominic and Alyssa just in time for cake. They were a bit late because they were coming from another birthday party. Another that was also postponed a week due to the storms last weekend.


We had a wonderful time catching up with everyone, especially my not so young cousins. Victoria brought her camera and showed me the rest of her spectacular snaps that didn't make it onto her flickr page. Jacqueline had some funny stories of the trip, alas she didn't bring her camera so wasn't able to view her shots.

My Uncle Christopher held an impromptu slide show of their trip on my Uncle Ray's jumbo-tron flat screen. This prompted My Aunt Louise and Aunt Alison's stories of how busy the Louis Vuitton store in Hong Kong was everyday. There were lines akin to the Soviet era images of people lining up for bread, but in this case it was people from the mainland lining up for luxury goods. Apparantly these people were procuring the LV brand for resale back to the nouveau riche Chinese who have so much money to burn these days. This brought up the Murakami exhibit and how we should try to catch it together before it closes on Feb. 11.


I talked to Brian for a bit about his cushy (jk) government job in the engineering dept of city works for LA County. They are in charge of building and maintaining public roadways and bridges. He also gets Fridays off three day weekends -every weekend! Lucky. Not bad for having just graduated last year (USC). Eric is still on vacation from Berkeley, I think he heads back at the end of the month. Philip is in Santa Barbara, he's an engineer in the Air Force and will be home next week, he also graduated last year (UCLA, my alma mater). It's awesome hanging out with my way too cool cousins.

Google