Music Box


Sunday, January 13, 2008

foodie

I've been enjoying Heather's posts a lot, and was inspired by her latest entry on preparing foods without a recipe. So... this morning I had a little time and some potatoes I wanted to finish up and decided to do something I learned a while back from Martha Stewart. I washed and cut the potatoes in half lengthwise, patted with some olive oil and a smattering of salt and white pepper. Cooked at 450 for 50 minutes. When they were done the tops were toasty brown and looked really tasty. I then decided to make a roasted potato salad with a curry mayo dressing.

Once cooled I cut the potatoes into cubes leaving the skins on for texture and added color. Mixing up the mayo with the curry I didn't even measure I just tasted for flavor and made sure to use only enough mayo to cover the potatoes. The mayo combined with just the curry powder itself didn't give it enough umph, so I added a little spoonful of dijon mustard. That seemed to do the trick. I then mixed the cubed roasted potatoes with the dressing. It was good, but I once I took a few bites I immediately imagined how good it would taste with inclusion of chicken and bits of apples and grapes. I'll need to try it again with aforementioned ingredients!

Google