Music Box


Thursday, April 24, 2008

coffee break


I was really excited to finally have coffee with my friend Ben from my old days at MTV! He's now the DIRECTOR(!) of TVG AdSales, and I'm embarrassed to admit that he's just passed his second anniversary there, and this is the first time we've had a chance to grab a cup of coffee. This is doubly embarrassing because just like Dena, Ben's office is no more than F-I-V-E minutes away! Every time I'm on the 405 I pass by the huge TVG logo right next to Howard Hughes, and I think to myself 'I wonder if Ben's working?'

We filled each other in on the latest dish. I'm astounded that we have so many friends in the area now. There's Dena, and now Elaine has moved in. Jana lives in the beach cities and she's now on maternity! Ben himself has just purchased a triplex! Ben and I briefly touched on the possibility of organizing a photo shoot, with me as Annie Liebowitz and Nellie playing Bobbi Brown. I can't wait.

We were so engrossed in conversation that despite me taking out my phone to keep an eye on the time I was 10 minutes late picking Rhys up from school. Fortunately his school is just 12 blocks away! I was mortified when I got a call from his teacher just as I was rounding the corner to his school. Yikes.

Google