Music Box


Monday, June 30, 2008

BIGfoot


Last week Kenny came home with a swollen foot. It's finally subsiding today but it made for a pretty dull weekend for him. He is so antsy that it's hard for him to sit still. Despite this we managed to take the kids to a matinee showing of Wall-E on Saturday and of course they LOVED it, as did we! It was really well done and thought provoking.

The kids were thrilled to each receive a digital Wall-E watch for attending the opening weekend of the film. Henry was very happy with his watch, especially once with the help of daddy he was able to set it to the proper time. Rhys on the other hand decided that the packaging the watch came in would be sure to play the movie again in our DVD player. Once we got home he tried sticking the glossy cardboard into the player desperately asking for help.

Yesterday after coming home from a bit of grocery shopping I noticed that I had not seen or heard from Rhys for a period of time, so went to look for him. I walked into the kitchen and only noticed the bags arranged in this manner but did a quick double take once I heard some giggling and a "Hey Mommy I'm here!" I had to run for my camera. Luckily he hadn't moved and was more than willing to repeat his performance. He's such a ham.



Today is the start of the 2nd week of camp, and because his foot is still not quite fully mended I insisted on driving Kenny to work, so he was the 3rd person I dropped off this morning. He got a chance to see where the boys have been spending much of their days. We dropped Henry off first and Kenny took a gander at the day care facilities at the school, and then we were off to drop Rhys off. When we arrived Rhys immediately began playing with a boy who greeted him with a thunk to his head. Kenny and I were so bowled over by the activity in the room that we did not have the chance to introduce him to the teacher. All this was rectified by Rhys who walked up to her, took her hand and said, "Jamie, this is my Daddy" before pulling her up to us. Wow.

Google