Music Box


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Main Street, St. Helena


I love St. Helena. I especially love Main Street, St. Helena. It's not a terribly long stroll as it encompasses no more than six to eight blocks but it's what's in those blocks that makes my heart beat faster and my feet ready to scurry down them. This street houses some of the most alluring eye candy ever assembled. It was so perfect that this past weekend the local theatre was showing Sex and the City.

My favorite shop has got to be Pennyweight. It's a tiny stationery shop with an eclectic mix of beautiful this and gorgeous but useless that. My favorite kind of thing. I love design and pretty things and they have a lot of it. This time around the shop girl pointed me in the direction of these new 3D pictures from a company that takes real butterflies, bugs and seashells, carefully placing them in a shallow shadow box and framing them just so. The butterflies as with the bugs were the most astonishing colors bright, luminescent and metallic. The bugs and seashells were taken and meticulously arranged in the most pleasing patterns! She pointed out her favorite which was featured in the front window. It was of a nautilus cut in half with one side of each half on display. I wish I had remembered to take pictures, but it was so hot that day and I don't think she would have appreciated it.

Right next door to Pennyweight is Paladium, whose sister shop called Patina is directly across the street. These two shops have the most amazing estate jewelry. So so pretty. Sigh.


Of course I must mention Woodhouse. This chocolate house makes the most spectacular chocolate molds for every occasion and holiday. I think people like to purchase the larger pieces for centerpieces! There are countless other shops I have failed to mention. They are a collection of shops housing designer clothes, shoes and handbags. Toiletries. Gourmet shops for olive oil, honey and olives. Books. Tons of restaurants.

Okay, I'm tired now and sad I'll have to wait until November to take another stroll down Main Street. That's it for now from your travel guide. Over and out.


Photo taken by Kenny on 6.21.08 St. Helena, Ca.

PS Best Wishes for a Very Happy Birthday, Dena!

Google